Beagle Bed & Breakfast is looking for a responsible and hard-working individual to join our team as our weekday Manager. Besides enjoying the company of dogs, applicants must be punctual, reliable, attentive to details, be physically fit to stand/walk all day as well as bending and squatting, and finally comfortable in groups of dogs.
Must have 2 years Managerial experience.
Must have 2 years Dog Training experience.
Must have 4 years Dog Handling experience.
General Summary of Job
The General Manager is responsible for ensuring assigned service and support areas operate in support of the Company goals and mission statement along with supervising animal care in the daycare, lodging and grooming sections. Responsibilities include supervising staff in performance of assigned duties, care of pets and customer satisfaction. Responsible for supervising animal care and ensure the maintenance and cleaning of the facility are completed properly. General Managers report to the Owner.
1) Proactively supports company mission statement and customer service standards including, but not limited to, fostering a quiet facility
2) Create and maintain operating procedures for assigned services areas
3) Manage facility and personnel ensuring client and animal care services are provided in compliance with company procedures.
4) Recommend changes as needed to established client policies to Owner and monitor for effectiveness.
5) Monitor occupancy and service growth rates in assigned service areas.
6) Identify slow periods and/or downturns and coordinate with marketing to feature service and/or modify policies & procedures to turn around performance.
7) Handle client service issue escalation in a manner that maintains company reputation. Keep in open contact with Owner on all issues in a timely manner. Serve as first line of escalation for pet or facility emergency issues.
8) Set area goals to support overall business goals and initiate changes to rectify shortfalls.
9) Attend some events/shows to advertise the business with Owner
1) Monitor team performance related to execution of service to expectations. Oversee performance of new team member and performance reviews (30 day, 6 month, 1 year, annually). Ensure corrective action is performed as necessary, is done as per Handbook and is properly documented.
2) Coordinate monthly check-ins with team members and Owner
3) Oversee interviewing and hiring in accordance with employment laws/company procedures and proper documentation of new employee files, along with Owner.
4) Maintain team training program in service areas. Ensure all staff complete Orientation and other general team training program timely.
5) Coordinate team communications (verbal followed up by Slack messages) to motivate
6) Monitor dog care and cleaning paperwork to ensure proper completion of duties and procedures are followed.
7) Maintain training checklists to ensure it reflects all duties required to complete team member training.
8) Ensure regular checks on work performed to ensure consistency, quality and proper following of procedures by all team members.
General Administrative Duties
1) Prioritize and complete duties within the overall business goals
2) Maintain “to do” lists and project lists with priorities, target completion dates and current status.
3) Delegate tasks that others can complete under your supervision and guidance.
4) Meet critical deadlines or request assistance from Owner
5) Monitor supply stocks/purchases/usage and explore low cost alternatives.
6) Prepare and lead monthly staff meetings with Owner
7) Coordinate and celebrate staff birthdays
8) Be available as needed for weekend or holiday pet or facility issues that escalate to management team by phone and Slack.
9) Restock staff forms as needed.
1) Management projects as assigned.
2) Other duties as assigned.